Historic town zone, originally settlement used for panning gold in the river Otava. The name of the town means "dry place between river springs". First mention in 1233. Remnants of the town walls of 1322. Gothic church of St. Wenceslas. baroque town hall with Renaissance portal, baroque Capuchin monastery with the church of St. Felix from the middle of thee 17th century. Characteristic burghers´s houses with vaulted halls. Since 1839 the town has been renowned for the production of matches.